Tuesday, August 8, 2023

From nursing to Congress

We can win the fight for affordable healthcare.

Hi friends,

My name is Lauren Underwood and I'm extremely proud to represent Illinois' 14th district in Congress.

Before I was elected as the youngest Black woman to serve in Congress, I was a registered nurse who just wanted to care for people. But after serving as an HHS Senior Advisor to President Obama during the Flint Water Crisis and helping implement the Affordable Care Act, I knew I had to run for Congress when my Republican Congressman signed on to the American Healthcare Act, which would have made it cost prohibitive for people with preexisiting conditions, like me, to receive health care.

We overcame that challenge - and now I'm leading the charge in Congress to lower the cost of health care and prescription drugs. I believe access to high-quality care is a human right and no American should struggle to find affordable coverage.

We can't do this work without you! Will you please split a donation between me and Future Forum PAC today so we can take back the House and continue making health care more accessible and affordable?

If you've saved your payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately:

$5 $25
$50 $100
$250 More 

In the past, I've been able to rely on grassroots supporters to help me win one of the top 10 closest races in the country - and 2024 will be no different.

We have to win my seat and take back the House so we can pass the health care reform our country desperately needs.

So, will you please rush in a donation between me and Future Forum PAC today?

Together, we can make sure everyone can access and afford the care they need!

- Rep. Lauren Underwood, RN


FFPAC Facebook Icon FFPAC Twitter Icon
Future Forum PAC is a coalition of young democratic members of Congress focused on issues and opportunities for the next generation. Will you help protect our progress in Congress by making a contribution today?
Future Forum PAC
DONATE
This email was sent to sandeep.s.dixit.dix44040@blogger.com because Future Forum PAC needs your help supporting the next generation of leaders. But, if you no longer wish to hear from us, you can unsubscribe here.

Future Forum PAC
PO Box 83142
Gaithersburg, MD 20883-3142
United States

Paid For By The Future Forum Political Action Committee And Not Authorized By Any Candidate Or Candidate's Committee. Contributions To The Future Forum Political Action Committee Are Not Deductible For Federal Tax Purposes.

 

No comments: