It's Elaine Luria, and Raja said I could reach out.
On November 8th, 2022, after a difficult, expensive, and hard-fought reelection campaign, I called my opponent to offer my concession and congratulations.
It wasn't a pleasant call to make. But I've never second-guessed the decisions that led me there.
If we haven't met: I entered the Naval Academy at 17 and spent 20 years in the Navy as a nuclear engineer, my entire career aboard combatant ships.
In 2018, I ran for Congress and flipped Virginia's 2nd District.
I'm also a mom, which is still the best job I've ever had.
In Congress, I served on the January 6th Committee, knowing full well it could cost me my seat. That cycle, outside far-right groups spent $6,059,677 against me. Add a national environment that was brutal for frontline Democrats, and I came up short.
For me, the worst outcome isn’t losing a fight. It’s going down with no fight at all.
So I'm back, running to win this seat back from Jen Kiggans, because I can't sit on the sidelines and watch our country descend into chaos.
The Cook Political Report rates VA-02 a Toss-Up. This is one of Democrats’ best pickup opportunities in the country.
Republicans know it too. Jen Kiggans called Elon Musk's DOGE cuts "so necessary," even as they hit Hampton Roads hard. Now Musk's super PAC has started spending to keep her in office and beat me.
That's why September 30th matters. It's my last end-of-quarter FEC deadline before Election Day, and the report that follows is public. Reporters, national groups, and Kiggans' allies will all read it to decide how seriously to take this race.
Will you split a $25 donation between my campaign and Equal Opportunity Now before the September 30th deadline to help me flip VA-02 and win back the House?
No comments:
Post a Comment