Councilman Chandler Langevin also called me "Rajesh," reposted a tweet reporting me to DHS as a "foreign occupier," and bragged that it was his "favorite post."
I've served this country in Congress for nearly a decade. I AM home. So are the millions of Indian Americans, immigrants, and children of immigrants he's telling to get out.
This isn't a one-off. His own city council already censured him after he demanded every Indian be deported. He didn't stop. He didn't apologize. He doubled down, because in today's GOP, racism isn't a scandal that costs you anything. It's a strategy that gets you attention, and sometimes, it gets you reelected.
I'm done just calling it out. Equal Opportunity Now exists to defeat people like him and elect leaders who believe this country belongs to all of us, no matter what our names sound like.
We need to raise money so that we can hit back hard. He wants us to go quiet. Let's make some noise instead — chip in $15, $25, or $50 right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment